Tournament of the Minds
Kingston High School participates in Tournament of the Minds each year
About Tournament of Minds
Tournament of Minds is a problem solving programme for teams of students from both primary and secondary years. Tournament's aim is to enhance the potential of our youth by developing diverse skills, enterprise, time management, and the discipline to work collaboratively within a challenging and competitive environment.
They are required to solve demanding, open-ended challenges from one of the following disciplines:
- The Arts
- A new discipline for those who have a love for the visual and performing arts!!!
- The long term challenges will involve research before developing a creative interpretation in response to the Challenge. Plenty of opportunities for artistic expression in the form of dance, song, musical instruments, theatre and all forms of the Visual Arts.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- A new discipline starting in 2018!
- The combination of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics principles provides an integrated approach for students to deepen their conceptual understanding and use their creative and critical thinking skills to solve the challenges within an authentic context.
- Language Literature
- Language Literature Challenges will involve in-depth analysis and research of texts from a variety of fields.
- Social Sciences
- A journey through the moral and ethical issues confronting society in the 21st Century.